PROMISE YOURSELF . . .
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
PURPOSES OF THE OPTIMIST CREED
- To develop optimism as a philosophy of life;
- To promote an active interest in good government and civic affairs;
- To inspire respect for law;
- To promote patriotism and work for international accord and friendship among all people;
- To aid and encourage the development of youth, in the belief that the giving of one’s self in service to others will advance the well-being of humanity, our community, and world.